Google
 

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Leather Chair


I've never been a fan of leather furniture, but five years ago I found this great small chocolate brown leather chair that was priced too good to refuse. So I bought it, not really knowing what I was going to do with it. Worse case scenario I'd use it at the store in my front window display.

Well, not only has it never left the house, I have decided that every home needs one small leather chair.Add Image

This chair has been in my entry hall, family room, master bedroom and living room and it looks equally as well in all of them.

In the entry hall I placed it against the wall, next to a small piano, added a great rug and lamp...wow, instant warmth plus guest have a place to sit while taking their shoes off (which is a must).

In the bedroom I tucked into a corner, added a floor lamp, small table, a throw and some great prints on the wall behind it and again...was like it was made for the space.

It worked beautifully with soft blues, perfect with mossy greens and even added a pop to all cream/beige room. Whether your style is contemporary, country, coastal cottage, traditional or zen inspired, this chair works. So the next time you have an empty space, think about using a small leather chair (or better yet, two), you'll wonder how you ever lived without it and if you already own one try move it into another room and see how easily it transforms any space.

No comments: