Google
 

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Table Decor


Wasn't I just writing about Easter?

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love to cook (check out my sisters blog, where I am a guest writer, http://www.homecooksonline.com/) , I love to eat, I love to celebrate where gifts are not involved (yes, even a retail gift shop owner gets overwhelmed with gift giving) and I love setting a beautiful table.

One of the nice things about Thanksgiving is you can find most, if not all, of your table decorations in your own backyard or local farm stand. Think colorful leaves (perfect for name cards), magnolia branches spread down the center of the table mixed with bittersweet, berries, pumpkins, gourds, corn. I even have geraniums that will still be in bloom. I like to mix real and fake too. A large wooden bread bowl filled with oranges, apples, nuts and some decorative fall ornaments will make a beautiful display. Add some candles and you're done!

Don't forget about linens. If you never use real linens, this is one day you want to. I love the new fall colors on my French jacquard linens. One even has pumpkins on it. Our cut off date is approaching fast for guaranteed delivery though.

And lastly, bring out every bit of crystal and dinnerware that you have stuffed in those cabinets. Don't worry if it all matches or not, by the time you finish with the centerpiece, linens, candles and lots of wine, all your guest will notice is how festive your table looks. Enjoy, and remember, no matter how bad you think your life is, there is always someone who is much worse off, so be thankful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.