Google
 

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is Your Bedroom Decor Ruining Your Sex Life?

One of the services that I offer my customers is interior design consultation. Working with the customers own belongings I can transform most rooms into a clean, inviting living space with the tools of new paint, new accessories and a good eye for balance.

Occasionally, I will sense stress in a relationship while working with couples. I normally will ask to see the master bedroom. Sure enough, it's a mess. Normally, it's too "girly" for an adult bedroom but sometimes it looks more like the storage/junk room then the master bedroom.

Think about the times you are away in hotel rooms. There is just something sexy about being together in a nice hotel room. Sure, you're away from the everyday stresses, but I think good sex in hotels has more to do with the decor!

Coco Chanel once said "just before you leave the house, take one piece of jewelry off", basically, less is more. The same holds true for your bedroom. I like to see a nicely dressed bed, 2 end tables with matching lamps, one nice piece of furniture for storage and a chair or two...that's it. Artwork should be simple and relaxing. Window dressings should have clean lines and matching.

If you are unsure where to start, a great website is www.houzz.com. I've included some pictures of my personal favorites, but you can always contact me for individual consultations.
Beautiful crisp white, blue and green bedroom contemporary bedroom

Transitional Master Bedroom contemporary bedroom

hhbradys bedroom ideabook  bedroom

2 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

Oh my gosh, I've always loved the Coco Chanel quote about removing one accessory.

I agree that a calm, gender-neutral bedroom is a must. In our new house my boyfriend and I are currently decorating the bedroom first, and are loving that we have enough room to not store our clothes in the bedroom. What a difference that makes!!

Jessie said...

every hotel is developed for a particular customer or target audience.

Pousada Buzios